Process and costs : Becoming certified PMP
- In order to be eligible for the reduced price, become a member on PMI.org https://www.pmimontreal.org/en/about/how-to-become-a-member
Membership costs: PMI Global membership costs 129$USD (+10$USD first time administration fee) and 30$USD for the PMI-Montréal membership.
- To be eligible to sit a certification exam, see the requirements here https://www.pmimontreal.org/en/certifications
- Fill out your application on PMI.org under the certification menu - Apply now https://www.pmi.org/certifications
- Register for an exam preparation course offered by PMI-Montréal, which fulfills the requirements for formal project mangement training.
Costs for the courses: 1050$CAN for members | 1365$CAN for non-members
- Once you have finished your course, PMI-Montréal will provide you with an attestation and you may complete and send your application to PMI.
- Within 10 working days, PMI will send you an eligibility ID number, at this point you can pay for and schedule your exam in a local Prometric centre.
Costs of the exam: 405$USD for members | 555$USD for non-members
- A certain percentage of applicants will be audited. Once you are informed that you have been selected for an audit, you will be required to mail application supporting documents to PMI.
- The wait time for a exam is between 2 and 6 weeks.
PMP Certification - Amount spent
Members: 1 900 $ CAN
179USD $ plus taxes: membership
1 050$CAD: course
PMBOK: available free online
Non-Membres : 2 100 $ CAN
1365$CAD : cours
PMBOK : 70$USD plus taxes
555$USD : examen
TIME SPENT : Between 6-12 weeks
- 35 hours of formal project management training/preparation course
- 40 - 60 hours of recommended study time
- 2 to 6 weeks to get a place for the exam
The procedures for other certifications are similar, however costs for the preparation courses and exam may vary. View the list of certification requirements here https://www.pmimontreal.org/en/certifications or contact us for more information https://www.pmimontreal.org/en/contact