The evolution of the Project Management practice and the integration and synergy with Change Management has become critical for success in today’s market.
More and more project managers are being called to be strong “Change Agents” in action and master not only the technical side but also the human side of our profession ultimately leading to project success and maximizing a return on investment. (integrating both disciplines in one) If we were to refer to statistics compiled over many years, they show that only 30% of projects succeed. This is a significant wakeup call. It is important to understand what we need to learn and do differently and what skills and knowledge is needed to master the soft side of change and be able to make a difference performing as true Change Agents. In this workshop we are offering a forum where Best Practices, storytelling, tools, learning how to integrate Project Management and Change Management, and more importantly, among other PMI professionals facilitate rich discussions and knowledge sharing about “savoir-faire et être” as “Project Managers as instrument of change (change agents in action)”.
Merling Sapene, Directrice, Gestion du changement humain,Technologie de l'information et Gestion du cycle de vie de produit, Ingénierie aéronautique.
- Business Administrator. Masters in Human Systems Interventions from Concordia University; Corporate Social Responsibility Certification from Toronto University;
- Over 20 years of experience in the Change Management and Project Management field; specialized in strategic analysis integrating people, process and technology;
- Created and deployed the Passion for Flight Program, impacting thousands of kids around the world. (Aero Montréal);
- Change Management Teacher at McGill University at the Project Management Certificate;
- Member of the Social Affairs Committee at the Montreal Board of Trade; HR Committee Aero Montreal; sits at different education and health related non-profit organizations boards.
Networking 5PM to 5:30PM
No reimbursement 5 working days from the event