PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA MANAGEMENT POLICY
Last update: August 14, 2022
ACCEPTANCE AND APPLICATION
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information you provide to us, for example when you:
- Use our Services;
- Browse our Site;
- Submit a comment or question via our Site by any means of communication or our social media accounts;
- Join as a member, register for an event or training;
- Consent to receive marketing communications by any means of communication;
- Respond to a survey, poll or enter a contest on our Site or our social media accounts;
- Want to obtain services on demand;
- Send us any document containing Personal Information;
- Apply for or hold a job at PMI-Montréal;
- Communicate with us.
On each of these occasions, you may, in particular, without limitation, provide the following Personal Information:
- Your name;
- Your date and place of birth
- Your contact information such as your email address, your address, your telephone number;
- Financial or banking information such as your transit number, your specimen check, or any other banking or financial information;
- Your social insurance number;
- Any information about your professional or personal situation, including a biography;
- Any information relating to your use of our Site, including cookies, your IP address, your preferences and your interests;
- Any document allowing the verification of your identity; And
- Any other Personal Information you choose to provide.
When you consent to this from third parties, we may obtain Personal Information about you through them, such as when you register with such party to participate in any of that party's services, which are offered through the site. Internet or through our Services. We may automatically import some of the Personal Information you provide to that third party into your account to use our Services when you consent.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION
We collect your Information including:
- To provide, maintain, perform and improve the Services;
- In the context of research and development and statistics, in particular to improve the User experience and understand your needs;
- To perform internal operations, including, for example, preventing fraud and abuse of our Services to troubleshoot software and operational issues, to perform data analysis, research, and to monitor and analyze trends in usage and activity;
- To send you our newsletter or any other communications that may be of interest to you, including information on products, services, promotions, and news;
We expressly acknowledge that we will not use your Personal Information for any other purpose without your consent. Further, we will only collect Personal Information to the extent necessary for the above purposes.
In addition, Personal Information may be used and disclosed insofar as PMI-Montréal may deem reasonably necessary to enforce the terms of an agreement between you and PMI-Montréal, or to protect the rights, property or safety of of a person or entity or, if required by law, in particular, in response to a request from the competent government authorities.
We do not sell, rent or disclose to third parties the information we collect and store. You can expect us to share collected information with other parties in the following ways:
- Service Providers: We have agreements with various service providers to facilitate the delivery of our services, where we may share emails we have collected. All administrative service providers we use are required to have the same level of protection of Personal Information as ours. Therefore, we expect your Personal Information to be treated with the same degree of care that we employ.
- Statistical Analysis: We may share Personal Information and Non-Personal Information that has been aggregated anonymously with third parties, including, but not limited to, for statistical, machine learning, advertising, or marketing. No non-anonymized Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
RIGHT TO REVIEW INFORMATION
In accordance with applicable privacy laws, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- Right of access: You can ask if we hold Personal Information about you and, if so, ask to obtain a copy. Fees may be charged for the transcription, reproduction or transmission of this information.
- Right of rectification: If Personal Information concerning you is inaccurate, incomplete or ambiguous or if its collection, communication or retention does not comply with or is authorized by the Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector, CQLR, c . P-39.1 (the “Act”), you can demand that they be rectified.
If you wish to review, consult or correct this information, please send us a written request at email@example.com
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You can decide at any time to no longer consent to the retention of your Personal Information by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt of the notice of revocation of your consent, we will stop retaining your Personal Information in a reasonable time, which will vary depending on the Personal Information we have collected and for what purpose we have collected it. Please note that we will send you a confirmation email upon receipt of your request. Please note that if you choose to withdraw your consent, your experience of using the Services and browsing our Site may no longer be optimal and you may no longer have access to all of our Services and our entire Site.
You can choose not to receive promotional messages from us by following the instructions mentioned at the bottom of these messages. If you unsubscribe, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those regarding services you have requested or our current business relationships.
You can file a complaint related to the collection, use, destruction, retention or protection of your Personal Information at email@example.com. Please note that we will respond to your complaint within 7 working days.
Security measures have been put in place with respect to the Services to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of Personal Information under our control. Please note, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Accordingly, we cannot certify or warrant the security of any Personal Information or other information. You transmit Personal Information to us at your own risk.
EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS-VOLUNTEERS, SUPPLIERS
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites that you may click on when using our Services or browsing our Site and encourage you to read their privacy policies.
THE DURATION OF THE CONVERSATION
We will retain Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it or to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation. Once this term expires, we may anonymize your Personal Information to the extent permitted by law.
LOCATIONS OF CONSERVATION AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Andrée Lemay is responsible for the protection of personal information and ensures compliance with and implementation of the Act. You can contact the person responsible for the protection of personal information at the coordinates indicated below: firstname.lastname@example.org