Duration: Full time
Work location: Montréal, Lévis, Shawinigan
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
Join the largest private IT team in Quebec!
As Scrum Master, you will help carry out cross-sector projects to meet objectives on time and on budget. You will help the Scrum team implement and use the Agile approach on a daily basis for major projects. You will act as a custodian of respect for Agile values and principles. You will promote the engagement of the squad's stakeholders to deliver projects as planned and foster the group's self-organization. You will ensure that the barriers encountered are handled so as to protect the squad from disruptive external elements. As such, your ability to engage others will be an essential skill.
You will assume a leadership role in Agile delivery mode when interacting with various stakeholders on files and projects requiring innovative, strategic and complex input and development. The nature of the files requires in-depth and extensive expertise in your specialized field.
You will make recommendations on the development and delivery of files and projects with a high degree of operational and conceptual complexity that require analysis and a comprehensive, detailed understanding of the business and the organization. Coordination will be critical, meaning you will be required to interact with a large number of stakeholders who are experts in a variety of fields.
- Act as the Agile process leader. Help the Scrum team implement and use the Agile approach for major projects.
- Ensure that the Scrum team is functional, productive and well organized.
- Ensure efficient use of the Agile approach and tools, as well as compliance with Agile values. Establish and monitor performance indicators.
- Ensure transparency on the status of work progress. Deal with and follow up on problems raised by the team.
- Ensure the consistency of sprint backlog tasks with the commitments undertaken on the functionality of the product log.
- Help the product owner maximize return on investment, meet objectives and manage the product backlog.
- Ensure quality control of the product log and meetings (sprint planning meeting, maintenance and product backlog estimation sessions, and sprint review).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- At least six years of relevant experience, with a minimum of one to two years of experience in a Scrum Master role.
- Experience with the continuous software development and rollout cycle (an asset)
- Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Agile certification: PSM/CSM, etc. (an asset)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence (an asset)
Whether you're just starting out in your career or you're a seasoned professional with many years of experience, Desjardins has lots of exciting challenges for you!
We don't offer you a job. We offer you job satisfaction. There's a difference.
Please apply online!