Hardt is a food-service equipment manufacturer located in the west-end of Montreal. This long-established, privately-owned organization has been consistently profitable and is planning for future growth. The Organization’s values are reflected in its operating principles: communicate actively; voice and seek to resolve concerns; work cooperatively and respectfully and strive for improvements continuously.
Hardt provides solutions to the supermarket and warehouse club industry, and is the exclusive supplier of rotisseries and heated display cases to over 90% of the warehouse clubs in the US. The Company is actively customer-driven as indicated by its mission to provide “Responsive, Reliable Solutions.” Hardt is presently seeking a Project Leader.
The purpose of the Project Leader position is to conduct the technical and project management portions of a product's life cycle including development, evolution and support all internal departments. The Project Leader is a member of the Technical Group and will perform technical and management duties as assigned. The Project Leader is reporting to the Project Leader Supervisor.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain current understanding of the product and provide technical support to all internal departments;
- Manage engineering changes to assigned products;
- Participate in Quality and Continuous Improvement Reviews, support initiatives and actions as required;
- Direct, manage and support other resources assigned to all tasks related to the product development or continuous improvement projects;
- Plan, maintain and communicate project timelines and changes;
- Contribute to technical design, development and improvements to all products within the Organization;
- Review and approve mechanical drawings and electrical schematics related to the project;
- Perform and document testing activities to support product development and continuous improvement projects;
- Participate in assembling prototype and/or installing parts on existing equipment (mechanic, electric and/or electronic).
- Holds a Bachelor of Engineering or College technical diploma (Mechanical or Electrical field);
- Has minimum 3 years of engineering project management experience leading a project team; more specifically in product development and continuous improvement projects;
- Has minimum 3 years of manufacturing, mechanical or electrical engineering experience;
- Demonstrates an understanding of electrical and mechanical system (We would expect the candidate to get familiarized with the system and troubleshoot with minimal guidance);
- Has exceptional communication abilities and well-developed professional verbal and written skills in French and English;
- Must demonstrate leadership and planning skills;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, MS Project);
- Must be highly energetic and result oriented;
- Knowledge of Spanish would be an asset;
- Possess technical software knowledge (CAD – Computer Aided Design or CAE - Computer Aided Engineering, such as stress analysis or deformation analysis on a given part or assembly) is an asset;
- Programming skills would be an asset;
- Knowledge of certification standards and processes such as UL (Underwriters Laboratory), CSA (Canadian Standards Association), NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) would be an asset.
Office and work shop environment with some hands on involvement. Regular hours are from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday. There is a possibility of occasional, short-term travel within North America; valid passport is required.
COVID-19 Working Conditions: Possibility of working from home when fully trained.
Qualified candidates can apply by sending their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the mention of the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
*Complete benefits package offered
*Potential bonus (based on Company performance and individual performance)
Hardt endorses an Equal Employment Opportunity Program and invites women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities to apply. The masculine gender is used solely for the purpose of shortening the text.