Program Development Advisor
Volunteer Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Start Date: January 2023
Placement Length: 6 Months
Language Requirements: English Level 5-Fluent
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada Only
The Volunteer’s Role
As the National Volunteering Program Development Advisor, you'll be working with Authority for Civil Society Organization (ACSO) along with their team in the National Volunteerism Promotion and Fund Administration Directorate and Cuso International national volunteers in Addis Ababa Ethiopia.
In this role, you will support the efforts to enhance the organization's capacity to promote its work and raise resources for sustaining its mission.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Enrich the national guideline note for volunteerism promotion through the participation of Cuso International and volunteers
- Assess M & E system in place for the programs
- Conduct inventory and needs assessment on designed training packs on promoting and managing youth volunteering programs
- Design and deliver training with volunteer directorate
- Develop an online training module on gender equality
- Increase awareness of national volunteers and CSOs on gender equality through VMIS platform
- Work with the local team to build capacity on documentation of results of national volunteer program.
- Bachelor’srs in sociology, social science, project management, human resource and related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in leadership roles with a focus on program design and implementation.
What’s in it for YOU? A life-changing experience!
Cuso International is an international cooperation and development organization that works to create economic and social opportunities for marginalized groups. Together with our partners, we are focused on efforts to advance gender equality and social inclusion, improve economic resilience, and deliver progress on climate action. We believe that by sharing skills, we can build better futures. Founded in 1961, Cuso International works in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, and Canada.
Terms and Conditions
Cuso International terms and conditions allow you to lead a modest and healthy lifestyle while being effective in your placement. This support package will cover basic living expenses for one volunteer and is not intended to cover home-based expenses (ex. loans, support payments, etc.) or luxury items such as imported items in placement or international personal travel.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending on country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication, and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation (more details below)
- On the ground support through our Cuso International country program office
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.