Guide for New Members
The PMI-Montréal website offers multiples jobs postings for project managers: https://www.pmimontreal.org/opportunites-d-emploi.
On the social network LinkedIn, there is always new job advertisements: https://www.linkedin.com.
You can visit specialised websites in job search, like:
- PMJobs : https://www.pmjobs.ca ;
- Indeed : https://www.indeed.ca ;
- Monster : https://www.monster.ca ;
- Selekktus : http://www.selekktus.ca.
Or even follow the professional pages of the companies that caught your attention in order to be more aware of their job offers. The way to find a job has evolved since the last 10 years: take advantage of information sessions organized by companies, submit your resume in spontaneous way, and make sure to use your professional network and your surroundings as well. An employer is often more inclined to hire throughout professional references. Keep in mind that the hidden market represents about 80% of the job offers available.
Finally, for those that wishes to work in government spheres, here is some interesting websites:
- Jobs Government Canada: https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page2440 ;
- Graduates hiring programs into the public function (Canada): https://www.canada.ca/fr/commission-fonction-publique/emplois/services/recrutement/diplomes/recrutement-postsecondaire.html ;
- Call bid (Québec): https://recrutement.carrieres.gouv.qc.ca ;
- Jobs (municipality of Québec) http://www.quebecmunicipal.qc.ca/index.asp?module=emplois.
The importance of Networking
The Curriculum Vitae
Welcome to PMI-Montréal