Senior Advisor - Buildings and Development
Duration: Full time
Work Location : Complexe Desjardins, Montréal
Deadline Date: 2020-08-17
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
As a senior advisor, buildings and development, you contribute to building construction and development projects.
You lead and influence development projects and complex, highly innovative strategic initiatives involving multiple sectors. You help develop and recommend strategic directions and business positions. Your initiatives require extensive knowledge of your field.
You make recommendations on the planning and execution of operationally and conceptually complex projects and initiatives that require comprehensive analysis and understanding of the organization and line of business. Coordination is critical, so you frequently interact with stakeholders working in a wide range of other fields. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.
You serve as expert advisor and subject matter expert, as well as resource person and coach for senior management and decision-making bodies.
You are fully proficient in all of the PMI’s project management skills related to the construction of infrastructure and real estate development projects, and mainly in all of the relational skills required to work with a team and a department that provides cross-sector service.
- Advise your clients and partners to help them position, plan, develop, execute and monitor strategic projects and initiatives
- Develop and update policies, standards, models and programs to support your unit’s strategic projects and initiatives
- Conduct research and studies; analyze, diagnose and address major issues; and make recommendations to decision-making bodies
- Represent your unit before senior management committees and decision-making bodies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in project management or equivalent relevant to the position (an asset)
- Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- PMP certification or in the process of obtaining it (an asset)
- Be a member of the OIQ (engineer) or OAQ (architect)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
- Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
- Communicates effectively, Ensures accountability, Interpersonal Savvy, Teams, Work processes
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5f19e3dec7c9830571756e65/51fc022058b70066fae49e57/en