CoP Construction - Strategic Public Procurement in Canada and the business of picking winners and losers
As Canada emerges from COVID-19 and its economic fall-out, issues which otherwise might command public attention have largely been ignored. Among them is the long-pending decision of which new fighter aircraft it should buy. To do so the Government needs to leverage public funds to acquire these valuable assets that will cost between C$15 billion to C$19 billion, the most significant investment in the Royal Canadian Air Force in more than 30 years. That's where public procurement comes in. This conference will discuss the tenets underpinning the public sector procurement in Canada and examine its governance framework (rules, legislation, trade agreements) and lifecycle. It will also offer valuable insights about the broader implications of such large complex capital acquisitions for Canada in terms of international trade policy, economic and sovereign interests, the aerospace and defence supply chain and Industrial and Technological Benefits (ITBs). Ultimately public sector procurement goes far beyond evaluating bids and picking winners and losers.
CHRIS BASSILA, B. ENG, MBA, PSPP CERTIFIED (PUBLIC SECTOR PROCUREMENT PROGRAM)
CEO AND MANAGING PARTNER, HOVESTER ADVISORY GROUP
Chris Bassila’ 20+ year career combines extensive Aerospace and Defence experience with a wide expertise in International Business Strategy, regulated procurement markets, B2B and B2C Bids and Proposals, software engineering, technology solutions, R&D and Product Management. In his current role as CEO and Managing Director of Hovester Advisory Group Chris leads a team of professionals specializing in public procurement, connecting businesses of all sizes to public procurement opportunities and facilitating the bid process from lead identification to bid submission. Chris is a firm believer that encouraging SME participation in the Government’s supplier base increases the diversity of suppliers and competitive tensions and invariably makes markets more sustainable in the long term. It is with this conviction of creating a level playing field for all businesses and improving access to procurement opportunities that he founded his consulting firm. Chris holds an MBA from HEC Montreal and a Mechanical Engineering degree from McGill University. He is also a graduate of the Public Sector Procurement Program as a Procurement expert.
- WebconférencesBusiness Acumen1.5 pdu(s)2020Agilité comportementale – Comment adapter ses comportements en temps de crise et au-delà5,00$10,00$
- WebconférencesWays of Working2 pdu(s)2020Atelier_Créer de l’alignement avec des canevas de changements5,00$10,00$
- WebconférencesMatinée PMI1.5 pdu(s)2017Bien paraître comme gestionnaire de projet et savoir comment gérer sa carrière14,00$20,00$
- WebconférencesBusiness Acumen1 pdu(s)2020Business Continuity Planning – Getting to the New Normal5,00$10,00$
- WebconférencesWays of Working1.5 pdu(s)2020CDP Aéronautique _Investigation du retravail de la conception technique sur la performance des projets de développement de produits5,00$10,00$
- WebconférencesPower Skills1.5 pdu(s)2021CdP Aeronautique_Au-delà du cockpit5,00$10,00$